Tourists can visit Normandy – and the Mont Saint-Michel destination in particular traveling – by train, plane and Ferry.
The nearest train station to Mont Saint-Michel is located in Pontorson (9 km).
This can be reached via the following lines:
- “The Mont Saint-Michel train” : from Paris-Montparnasse, with tickets available for €27 each way, until 10 October 2021. Take the NOMAD train to Pontorson-50, then a direct bus connection to Mont Saint-Michel (stop 350 m before the village). → On weekends and public holidays, trains also stop at Versailles, offering a direct connection to Mont Saint-Michel.
- TGV from Paris-Montparnasse to Rennes (2h00), then connections via TER from Rennes to Pontorson followed by a bus to Mont Saint-Michel.
- – TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Dol de Bretagne (2h40), then a bus from Dol-de-Bretagne to Pontorson, ten a bus from Pontorson to Mont Saint-Michel.
- – NOMAD train from Paris Saint-Lazare to Caen, then connection (TER) from Caen to Pontorson.
You can also find bus and train timetables at : www.thetrainline.com/fr
- – Dinard International Airport (70 km from Mont Saint-Michel): flights to England (London Stansted) and the Channel Islands.
Tel. +33 (0)18.104.22.168.46, www.dinard.aeroport.fr
- – Rennes airport (75 km from Mont Saint-Michel): 15 direct flights to French cities, and 120 destinations with connections.
Find more information at +33 (0)22.214.171.124.00, www.rennes.aeroport.fr
- – Caen-Carpiquet Airport (130 km from Mont Saint-Michel): direct flights to England (London) and Lyon, Marseille and Toulouse.
Find more information at +33 (0)2 31 71 20 10, www.caen.aeroport.fr
Saint-Malo ferry terminal :
- Condor Ferries
- Brittany Ferries : connection from Portsmouth – United-Kingdom : www.brittany-ferries.fr/…/st-malo-portsmouth
Granville ferry terminal :
- Manche Iles Express: links to the British Channel Islands : www.manche-iles.com
Coming from Europe
The European Commission has created a platform reporting travel conditions across the EU, making it easier to start travelling within the European Union. This site, listing all travel information and conditions within EU countries, is updated daily and now allows anyone to consult the travel conditions of any EU country, whether it concerns the reopening of borders, open and closed businesses, or the geographical areas at risk.
To discover access conditions for France : https://reopen.europa.eu/fr/map/FRA