Public transport available to travellers in the Bay of Mont Saint-Michel.
The nearest station to Mont Saint-Michel is located 9 km away, in the town of Pontorson. Buses from this station run all year round to serve the Merveille.
Timetables can be consulted on the website www.bienvenueaumontsaintmichel.com.
Nomad, the Normandy transport network
- Lines serving Avranches :
Regional bus journeys have been disrupted due to COVID-19. Find more information at : https://www.normandie.fr/horaires-et-itineraires
Line 6 Avranches <> Saint-Lô
Line 7 Granville <> Avranches
Line 9 Avranches <> Vire-Normandie
- The lines serving Mont Saint-Michel :
Line 8 Granville <> Le Mont-Saint-Michel
Find more information at : https://www.normandie.fr/horaires-et-itineraires
Transport from Brittany
- BreizhGo lines serving the Pontorson-Mont Saint-Michel bus station (9km from Mont Saint-Michel):
Pontorson <> Dol de Bretagne (35) – line 17a
Pontorson <> Fougères (35) – line 17b
Pontorson <> Saint-Malo (35) – line 17 summer
- The Kéolis Armor lines
Saint-Malo <> Le-Mont-Saint-Michel : Day trips offer (round trip)
Other lines for coach transport :
- From Paris to Mont Saint-Michel : Autocars FH Tourisme
- From Paris to Mont-Saint-Michel : BlaBlaBus
- From Paris, Caen and Saint-Malo to Avranches : Flixbus
The tourist information office in Avranches can help you to book train tickets. Tel. : +33 (0)2 33 58 00 22.
- “The Mont Saint-Michel train“: from Paris-Montparnasse, with tickets available from €27 each way, until 10 October > NOMAD train from Paris to Pontorson, then bus connection directly to Mont Saint-Michel.
- TGV from Paris-Montparnasse to Rennes (2h00), then connections by TER from Rennes to Pontorson followed by a bus to Mont Saint-Michel.
- TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Dol de Bretagne (2h40), bus connections from Dol-de-Bretagne to Pontorson then bus from Pontorson to Le Mont Saint-Michel.
- NOMAD train from Paris Saint-Lazare to Caen, then connection (TER) from Caen to Pontorson.
You can also find bus and train timetables at : www.thetrainline.com/fr