The Tourist Information Office welcomes you in the heart of the mediaeval village. You can also discover the other services on offer in and around the town, and all necessary practical information.
Map of the village and access to Mont Saint-Michel
The map is available in 14 languages:
|Français / French||Anglais / English||Allemand / Deutsch||Espagnol / Español|
|Italien / Italiano||Néerlandais / Nederlands||Portugais / Português||Russe / русский|
|Japonais / 日本の||Chinois / 中國||Coréen / 한국의||Polonais / Polski|
|Tchèque / český||Hebreu / עברי|
The Intramural Tourist Information Office
The Tourist Information Office of Mont Saint-Michel is located on the rock, on the Grande Rue: the mediaeval village’s main throughfare. It is located on the left after the drawbridge, in the same premises as the Post Office. It is open every day throughout the year, except on 25/12 and 01/01.
The main services offered by the team are:
- Multilingual welcome and personalised advice about Mont Saint-Michel – Normandy and its surroundings.
- Distribution of the « Mont Saint-Michel Visit Guide » brochure to individual visitors, available in 14 languages. The guide’s digital version can also be viewed and downloaded by clicking the link above.
- Tickets: Entry tickets to the Mont Saint-Michel Abbey, bookings for Bay crossings from Mont Saint-Michel, and local events.
- Souvenir shop.
- Wi-fi connection.
- We sell « Carnet du Miquelot » (Pilgrim Passports) and issue “Diplômes du Miquelot” (Pilgrim Diplomas) to pilgrims who have walked the Paths of Mont Saint-Michel, upon presentation of a fully stamped passport.
The Town Hall of Mont-Saint-Michel is located in the Logis du Roy, above the door of the same name. It is open to the public on Mondays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am and on Fridays from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm. To get there, take the stairs on the right, immediately after the drawbridge, then turn right at the top of the steps.
Telephone : +33 (0)2 33 60 14 06 –Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.mairie-lemontsaintmichel.fr
The Mont-Saint-Michel Municipal Police offer a lost and found service. The police can be reached by telephone every day from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Telephone : +33 (0)6 07 28 29 14 – Email: email@example.com
The Post Office is located on the Grande Rue, in the same premises as the Tourist Office. Its hours vary according to the season. Upon request, the agent may affix the Mont Saint-Michel tourist postmark to outgoing mail. Two mailboxes are available for all destinations, one inside the office and accessible during opening hours (Vigipirate plan: only the letterbox inside is currently available). There is also a 24-hour outdoor cash machine.
Telephone : +33 (0)2 33 89 65 00
Website and timetables: www.laposte.fr/particulier/outils/trouver-un-bureau-de-poste/bureau-detail/le-mont-st-michel-bp/09251A
A first-aid station is located in the Grande Rue, opposite the Post Office/Tourist Office. Open on busy days or on request by calling 18 or 112 (European number).
The last building on the right, at the top of the Main Street – the Pilgrim’s House – works with the Sanctuary and the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem, in contributing to the spiritual activities of this holy place of pilgrimage, and more specifically to welcoming pilgrims and speaking with any person hoping to meet with a priest. On reservation, it can also accommodate pilgrims and hikers with a pilgrim passport or the “carnet du Miquelot”, for one night.
Telephone : +33 (0)2 33 60 14 05 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.pelerin-montsaintmichel.org/le-sanctuaire-mont-saint-michel/sheberger
Contact information for the Villes Sanctuaires in France: www.villes-sanctuaires.com
Extramural Tourist Information Centre services
Located right next to the car parks, opposite the “Le Passeur” departure point, the Tourist Information Centre is open all year round, except on 25/12 and 01/01, and offers many services:
- A baby area, open 24/7, with a baby-changing area available for the comfort of visitors and their babies.
- Free toilets, open 24/7 and accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- A kennel available during opening hours.
- 900 m2 exhibition space on Mont Saint-Michel, the riches of the bay and the regions of Normandy and Brittany.
Within the town, public toilets are located:
- In the entrance courtyard of the mediaeval village (paying toilets with changing table, opening hours vary according to season).
- In the main street, on the right, 50 metres after the drawbridge (free toilets, open 24 hours a day and accessible to people with reduced mobility).
- At the top of the main street, next to the parish church (free toilet, open 24 hours a day).
Outside of the town, public toilets are located:
- At the Tourist Information Centre, opposite the “Le Passeur” departure point (free toilets with baby area and accessible to people with reduced mobility, open 24 hours a day).
- Inside the Galleries of Mont Saint-Michel (free toilets accessible to people with reduced mobility, open during store opening hours).
Before your visit, please note that:
- The extra-muros locker service is located in the car parks in the Tourist Information Center building, near the shuttle departure point (Tel 02.33.70.74.65). Dimensions: width 35cm, depth 47cm and height from 48 to 92cm depending on the lockers. For small luggage and strollers. Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
An intramural locker service is open from April to September at the Cour de l’Avancée at the entrance to the medieval village (€2.00/luggage).
- No foreign currency exchange service is available at Mont Saint-Michel. For this, you will need to check with your bank. However, it is possible to withdraw euros with your credit card from the cash machine located on the outside of the Post Office on the Grande Rue, accessible 24 hours a day.
- The nearest supermarket and pharmacy are in Pontorson, 9 km from Mont Saint-Michel. The Galeries du Mont Saint-Michel, located in the hospitality area (La Caserne) outside of the town, sell essential food and personal hygiene products.
- The nearest bakery and corner shop are in Beauvoir, 4 km from Mont Saint-Michel. A bread delivery service is provided during the tourist season by La Belle Normande, in the Grande Rue.
Visiting Mont Saint-Michel with your dog
Only guide or assistance dogs, or small dogs carried in a suitable bag or basket are permitted on the shuttles. Our other four-legged friends are not permitted in the shuttles. For greater peace of mind, visitors can entrust their animal to the kennels at the Tourist Information Centre before starting their tour. It is also possible to reach the Mount by foot (40 minutes walk).
On the Mount, dogs kept on a leash are permitted in the village, but will not be allowed in the parish church or in the abbey (except guide or assistance dogs). In the private museums, restaurants and bay crossings, dogs are generally permitted but it is recommended that you consult the establishment in question directly.